Coming across errors in QuickBooks is pretty much common, as it involves tons of algorithms, which make it prone to technical glitches. One of the err
Coming across errors in QuickBooks is pretty much common, as it involves tons of algorithms, which make it prone to technical glitches. One of the errors that you might bump into is QuickBooks error code 15106. Such an error is seen at the time of updating the QuickBooks software and also it indicates that the update program has been damaged. It appears on the screen with a warning message that says: “The update program cannot be opened.” Or “Error 15106: The update program is damaged”.
You can learn the right set of steps for fixing QuickBooks payroll error 15106 by going through this piece of writing with full concentration. Or else connect with our tech geeks, and they will brief you with the most feasible solution.
What brought you to QuickBooks error code 15106?
You might come across this particular error due to the below stated reasons:
- In case the spy sweeper is present in the webroot antivirus software and it takes QB update program as a malware activity, then this particular error can be experienced.
- Another situation can be if you aren’t logged in as admin in the system, then the ability to read and write the new files get restricted without admin credentials.
- Antivirus application installed in the system blocking the update can be one such reason.
Steps you need to perform to fix the QuickBooks error 15106
Performing the below stated steps and procedures can surely help you in getting rid of the QuickBooks error code 15106.
Process 1: Stop antivirus and rename folders
- Under this process, press ctrl + shift + esc and open task manager.
- Head to the processes tab and look for antivirus.exe file
- Go for end process.
- Rename the QuickBooks update folder.
- By pressing windows + E and opening file explorer
- Move to C:\Program Files\ intuit\ QuickBooks \components
- For 64- bit users, move to the C:\Program Files(x86)\ intuit\ QuickBooks \components
- Right click the downloadqbXX folder and click on rename tab
- Add .old to the end of the name
- Sum up the process by re-updating QuickBooks desktop.
Process 2: Turn off user account control
You can turn off the user account control, and try fixing the QuickBooks error 15106.
- You need to open run box by pressing windows + R tabs.
- Furthermore, type in the control panel and also click on ok tab.
- Choose user accounts.
- Moreover, click on change user account control settings.
- In case you are getting any prompt by UAC, then choose yes to continue.
- Else move the slider and click on never notify and ok tabs, if you wish to set to turn UAC OFF.
- Or turn UAC ON, and hit ok.
- Conclude the process by rebooting the system.
Tackling through the QuickBooks error code 15106 becomes easy, once you are able to implement the above stated set of steps.
In the event of facing similar issues even after performing the said set of steps, the only thing you should do is to connect with our QuickBooks payroll support professionals right away using our dedicated helpline i.e., 1-800-615-2347.