Fleet management and supply chain management are labour-intensive sectors. They require micromanagement of many aspects for the entire thing to fall i
Fleet management and supply chain management are labour-intensive sectors. They require micromanagement of many aspects for the entire thing to fall in place. GPS Tracking software simplifies fleet management by bringing planning, execution and assessment on one platform.
The biggest challenge of the supply chain industry that an advanced GPS Tracking Software helps fight is management. Rest all the challenges that come under the umbrella of management are resolved with automation. The spectrum of the logistics sector is widespread and a GPS tracking system confines it to an app. However, with mobility and robustness also comes the ease of speed. Speed to accelerate business and profits.
Let us check out the problems that a GPS tracking software system addresses with automation.
1. Manage remote team, tasks and locations
- The logistics and supply chain business is such that everything has to be monitored and managed remotely. The team of drivers, the vehicle and the delivery sport almost everything is far away from the actual office. If something goes out of sight, it may go out of mind as well, but this can’t be the case with supply change management. As a lot rides on the company for they have a responsibility of the vehicle(if on rent), driver and the consignment in them. Therefore, slight negligence can cost an Olympus.
The fleet manager can keep a tab on the real-time status and location of the entire fleet. A GPS vehicle tracking system live tracks the estimated time of arrival of the deliveries, distance from the next and the last stop, fuel status and so much more.
2. Analyse performance and results
- It’s tough to analyse the performance of the drivers from far away while they are on the field and you are in the office. You can’t get transparent answers to how well they drive, timely delivered or not, which route they followed and how many halts they took.
These minute details have a major impact on the fleet efficiency collectively. GPS Fleet tracking software monitors and analysis such issues with 100% transparent data.
3. Security of driver, consignment and vehicle
- The safety of vehicles, drivers and assets is the top priority of any fleet owner because even a minor dent in the portfolio can pose a big question to their credibility. Therefore, GPS fleet management solutions become so popular with fleet managers. Features such as parking mode, battery safety alarm, immobilisation and SOS buttons ensure complete asset safety.
Real-time location and status updates keep fleet managers up-to-date. Instant alerts and emergency alarms act like special agents that keep you informed and on your toes.
4. Juggling between clients and their priorities
- Be it one big shot client or multiple clients, juggling between them and their priorities can take too much toll on your operations management. GPS tracking software aids in managing the priorities right. You can send ETA alerts and POD proofs to clients to keep them posted. The software backed supply chain management makes customer satisfaction a dream come true.
5. Pilferage, negligence and discrepancies
- Some of the most problematic issues are fuel pilferage, rash driving, driving negligence and discrepancies in the facts and what drivers report. You get 100% authentic data and make on-point business decisions. Automation enabled operations to reduce the scope of human error to negligible. If there is any deviation from the planned route or trip, the software generates an alert, notifying a deviation.
6. Look into documents, permits and licences
- One of the hefty tasks in fleet management is to manage documents. Documents of vehicles, drivers and other permits must stay handy when needed. GPS Fleet management solutions solve this challenge