Is your desktop appears with a pop-up QuickBooks error 15240 while updating the payroll system? Are you struggling with the error code constantly? The
Is your desktop appears with a pop-up QuickBooks error 15240 while updating the payroll system? Are you struggling with the error code constantly? Then, if you just shake your head up to down, this blog is for you! Here we will discuss the specific causes and top six solutions to resolve the QuickBooks error code 15240.
Must know causes and steps to avoid error 15240 in 2022
Wait, we are still determining if these are the only causes. However, a few of identified reasons are mentioned below:
- Change in a programming language
- Fragmented establishments of language and downloads
- Any malware attacks on the QuickBooks file
- Unintentionally erasing the QB records with another file
- Inaccurate internet settings
- Inappropriate date and time settings in the system
- Firewall misconfiguration
Error hampers the work! And we do understand this; therefore, current to-do lists to avoid the QuickBooks error 15240 instantly.
First stage: Creating a backup
Path to lead: QuickBooks < File < Backup company < create local backup < follow the instructions to create a local backup.
Second stage: Update the software
Path to perform: Close the software and press the CTRL key on the keyboard < Help section < Update the desktop < Click on Update and conveniently close the tab.
Top 6 Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 15240
Checkout these methods in order to resolve the QuickBooks error code 15240:
Solution 1: Launch QuickBooks as an administrator
Sometimes the users need to log in using the administrator credentials to fix the issues.
- First, right-click the QuickBooks shortcut from the desktop and choose “Run as administrator.”
- Now, head to properties & verify each user’s compatibility.
Solution 2: Double-check the settings of Internet Explorer
Consider this step if the above one was unable to fix the QuickBooks Error 15240
- Choose the option “Internet” from the tools menu or gear icon.
- Then go to the tab “Advanced” and then to the security tab.
- Tick the checkbox Use SSL 3.0 & Use SSL 2.0.
- Lastly, choose to Apply & OK.
Solutions 3: Permit QuickBooks Files to pass past the third-party Firewall
The user must verify the firewall settings of third-party to fix the QuickBooks error 15240. Follow the below steps:
- Discuss with the third-party Firewall developer to get instructions regarding the procedure of modifying the setting & give permission to QuickBooks desktop for installation of updates.
- Along with the above, make sure that Qbupdate.exe and Qbw32.exe files have access to pass the Firewall.
- Lastly, verify if ports 443 and 80 are enabled.
Solution 4: Verify the time & Date settings of the computer
- Select the system’s time display & choose the “change time & date settings” option.
- Modify and set the right time and Date.
- Now, apply button and click OK tab.
Solution 5: With the usage of the “Clean install tool,” Reinstall QuickBooks software
This solution will help users to get rid of junk files that have been stored for years. Also, ensure taking company files backup to avoid data loss.
- In the first step, uninstall the desktop of QuickBooks from the computer
- Rename installation folder with Downloading & launch clean install tool of QuickBooks
- Lastly, reinstall the software.
Read this also: 5 Ways to Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 80029c4a
Solution 6: Allow access to the installation folder of QuickBooks
- Shut down the application & launch the File Manager
- Right-click from the mouse on the folder “Intuit” heading to “C:\Program Files\.”
- Go to properties followed by the Advanced option.
- Verify if the Owner is the User Group
- Go to the section “Advanced Security Settings” & select “Change.”
- Insert the user’s name in the section “Enter the Object name to select” & select “Check Names.”
- Select OK & tick the checkbox “Replace owner on objects and Sub container.”
- Click on the apply button and OK.
- Select users from the section “Permissions” & choose “Full Control.”
- Click on the apply button and OK tab.
Reinstall updates after providing convenient access to the installation folder of QuickBooks. Follow processes 1 through 5 for the subsequent folds if the issue continues.
- 64-bit users C:\ Program Files (x86)\ Common Files \Intuit
- C:\Users\ Your Username\ AppData\ Local\ Intuit
- C:\ ProgramData\ Intuit
- C:\Program Files \Common Files\ Intuit
We hope you’re clear with the ins and outs of your thoughts! The above solutions will assist you in resolving the QuickBooks error 15240. However, if you’re repeatedly struggling with the same error, then contact us at our QuickBooks payroll error support team who are highly trained and can help you eliminate this issue.
The other alternative to connect with us is via 1-800-615-2347 or Live chat, so don’t hesitate to reach out immediately!